California State University, Stanislaus makes a diligent effort to meet the purchasing and contract participation goals established by the Office of Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises
A Small Business is defined by the following criteria:
- An independently owned and operated business, not dominant in its field of operation
- The principal office and officers are domiciled in California
- Together with affiliates is either:
- A service, construction, or non-manufacturing business with 100 or fewer employees, an average annual gross receipts of ten million dollars or less over the previous 3 years,
- Or, a manufacturer with 100 or fewer employees.
A Micro Business is defined as a small business that, together with affiliates, has average annual gross receipts of two million five hundred thousand dollars or less over the previous three years.
Small Business Preference (includes micro businesses): a certified small business may claim a 5% small business preference for applicable solicitations upon providing evidence of certification.
A Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise is defined by the following criteria:
- At least 51% owned by one or more disabled veterans.
- Managed by and daily business operations are controlled by one or more disabled veteran
- Home office located in the U.S.
- Certified by the State of California and perform a commercially useful function
For DVBE certification purposes, a disabled veteran is defined as:
- A veteran of the U.S. military, naval, or air service
- The veteran must have a service-connected disability of at least 10% or more
- The veteran must be domiciled in California
For additional information, visit the Office of Small Business and DVBE Services website.