Medical expenses benefits provided under this policy are excess insurance. No expense is covered if it would be covered by another health care plan in the absence of this insurance. This policy pays after any other health care plan, regardless of any coordination of benefits provisions in the other plans.
Eligibility: Any California State University student, including students enrolled only in extended education programs of the California State University.
Students are insured if injuries occur while away from campus, which includes travel or participating in activities away from campus which:
- Are a mandatory part of course requirements; or
- Are sponsored by a University auxiliary organization (including, but not limited to Associated Student associations) or other recognized student organization or club; and
- Includes travel to or from intercollegiate athletic events away from campus, but does not include participation in such events or practices.
Coverage & Benefits:
- Medical Expenses Limit: $10,000 maximum per covered person, per covered accident.
- Accidental Loss of Life, Limb or Sight: Up to $10,000
- Medical Expenses up to $10,000 for medical services includes hospital stays, medical or surgical treatment by a doctor, and services of licensed or graduate nurses.
- Dental care, as needed.