Home > Procurement | Supplier Information | Insurance Requirement
Supplier Information | Insurance Requirement
Certificate of Insurance Requirements for Architects, Engineering or Vendor Contracts
- General Liability: comprehensive or commercial form minimum limits. Each Occurrence: $1,000,000 General Aggregate: $2,000,000
- Employer Liability: $1,000,000
- Business Automobile Liability: minimum limits for Owned, Scheduled, Non-Owned, or Hired Automobiles with a combined single limit of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence.
- Workers' Compensation: $1,000.000
- Errors and Omission insurance is required for professional service consultants and professional service design architects/engineers of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate.
Additional Insured Endorsements Form CG 2010 1185
Under the terms and conditions of a contract or agreement for services, the contractor, consultant, or vendor is required to show evidence of adequate insurance coverage by furnishing to the California State University a certificate or certificates of insurance that include additional insured endorsements. It is not sufficient to type the phrase at the bottom of the certificate; an amendatory endorsement as a separate document is required. ISO Endorsement CG 20 10 11 85 (or equal) is acceptable. All certificates of insurance issued to the University require the following:
- Provide for thirty (30) days advance written notice to the University of any modification, change, or cancellation of any of the insurance coverage.
- Provide for Acceptability of Insurers rating, AM Best A-VII or equivalent.
- Name the State of California, the Trustees of the California State University, the Campus and the officers, employees, volunteers and agents as Additional insureds, except for professional liability and workers' compensation insurance.
AM Best RatingsAll insurance carriers must carry an AM best rating of A-VII or above. Certificate of Insurance Requirements For Hazardous Waste Removal Contracts These services include all labor, packaging, materials, tools, vehicles, placards, labels/markings, equipment, including personal protective equipment and safety equipment, expertise, and other means necessary and required to provide services for the pickup, transportation, and disposal of hazardous wastes.
- General Liability: comprehensive or commercial form minimum limits coverage in the minimum amount of $5,000,000 combined single limit bodily injury and property damage each occurrence and $10,000,000 aggregate, including premises/operations, personal injury, broad form property damage, products/completed operations, contractual liability, independent contractors and $500,000 fire legal liability. A Waiver of Subrogation is required.
- Environmental Impairment (pollution) Liability: coverage in the minimum amount of $5,000,000 combined single limit bodily injury and property damage each occurrence and $10,000,000 aggregate, including clean-up costs.
- Commercial Automobile Liability: coverage is required in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 combined single limit bodily injury and property damage, including owned, non-owned and hired automobiles; should also include Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists coverage in the minimum amount of $1,000,000.
- Pollution and/or Asbestos Pollution Liability and or Errors and Omission.
- Workers' Compensation: as required under California law.
- Hold Harmless Provision: reference CSU General Provisions for Service Agreements as maintained in the Contract Resource Library.
In addition to previous coverage noted under Contractor's auto liability, hazardous material transporter services must also have an MCS-90 endorsement and Sudden & Accidental Pollution Insurance endorsement. The Sudden & Accidental Pollution Insurance must have minimum limits of $2,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 total. A higher limit on the MCS-90 endorsement required by law must be matched by the Sudden & Accidental Pollution Insurance.