|We are happy to announce that we have three graduate scholarships and two graduate fellowships available for the 2006-2007 academic year. Regarding scholarships one will be awarded for $1,500 and the other two for $2,812.50. Two graduate fellowships come in the form of part-time fee waivers for one semester. As a graduate scholar or fellow you are expected to assist the MPA Director with research, academic, or organizational projects regarding the MPA program, which will be specifically assigned as follows:
- assume responsibility as President of the Graduate Association for Students of Public Administration (GASPA) for the 2007-08 academic year ($2,812.50)
- assist in the organization of an alumni network ($2,812.50)
- act as a communication liaison between the graduate students and the MPA program including publishing a department newsletter ($1,500)
- continue to extend the research regarding MPA culminating experiences including: (a) capstone courses and (b) portfolio and applied thesis projects (fellowships involve researching one of these areas)
To be eligible, you must be a classified student in the MPA program and have a GPA of 3.0 or better. If you wish to apply, please write a letter of application that responds to the following questions:
- What do you consider to be your professional contributions and leadership potential?
- What circumstances have presented challenges to your pursuit of academic studies?
- What projects would you be interested in working on if you are awarded a scholarship or fellowship (you may list more than one)?
Include a professional resume and send your application to:
The MPA Scholarship Committee will base its decisions on a combination of factors: your GPA and professional resume, your letter of application and responses to the questions listed above. Applications are due no later than January 20, 2007.
- Dr. April Hejka-Ekins, MPA Director
California State University, Stanislaus
Department of Politics and Public Administration
601 W. Monte Vista Avenue
Turlock, CA 953820-0299