Requirements: The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score, which should be sent directly from the testing service. (NOTE: the Graduate Record Exam, or GRE, may be substituted for the GMAT)
- Performance on the GMAT (or GRE): Scores in the verbal and quantitative categories must be at or above the 20th percentile; minimum score of 3.5 in the "analytical writing" component of the exam. Persons who score below 20 percent in either or both categories may be admitted on a conditional basis that requires them to take additional foundational coursework as prescribed by the Online MBA Program Director; minimum 470 GMAT score expected.
- GPA: A minimum GPA of 2.5 is required for the last 60 units of undergraduate coursework. In addition, a total of 1,000 points must be achieved based on the formula (200 times the overall GPA plus the GMAT score), or a total of 1,050 points based on the formula (200 times the upper-division GPA plus the GMAT score). Persons taking the GRE must calculate the average of the two category scores before entering a GRE score in either formula.
- Experience: Two years of relevant, full-time employment in a professional or supervisory role. A waiver of the work experience requirement by meeting a higher point score of 1150 based on the formula (200 times overall GPA plus the GMAT score total).
Qualified applicants holding a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university may be admitted to the program.
Applicants whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and have a minimum total score of 575 (or 213 electronic) with part scores of at least 54 (21 electronic), reported directly from the testing service.
The courses listed below are required in order to be considered for admission to the Online MBA Program.
Business & Non-Business Undergraduate Courses (must be satisfied/completed prior to core/elective courses by non academic business background students)
|ACC 2110||Financial Accounting -or-|
|ACC 5070||Principles of Accounting (offered online Fall 2012)|
|ACC 2130*||Managerial Accounting|
|FIN 3220||Business Finance -or-|
|FIN 5020||Mgt. of Financial Resources (offered online Fall 2012)|
|MGT 3400*||International Business|
|MGT 3310||Mgt. Theory & Practice|
|MKT 3410||Basic Marketing|
|MATH 1500||Finite Mathematics|
|MATH 1610||Statistics for Decision Making|
- Accounting 2110 Financial Accounting needs to be taken before Accounting 2130 Managerial Accounting
- Management 3310 Management Theory and Practice needs to be taken before Management 3400 International Business
- Before taking Marketing 3410 Basic Marketing, complete Accounting 2130* Managerial Accounting, and Economics 2510 Microeconomics
* Denotes a course with prerequisites. Be sure to complete the appropriate prerequisite before registering for this course (pre requisite will be another foundation course that is needed).
** Also need a Computer Literacy Class (Equivalent to CIS 2000)