Fall: June 1
Spring: November 1
You are an International Student if:
You are not a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident (Green Card)
You hold or intend to hold non-immigrant F-1 or J-1 visa status while you are studying at CSU Stanislaus
Apply for Conditional Admission (ESL + Undergraduate)
To apply for Conditional Admission in ESL with undergraduate studies, please follow
the instructions below:
- Download and print the Application.
- Submit Non-refundable Application Fee of $45 USD
The $45 USD nonrefundable application fee can be mailed in the form of check,
money order or wire transfer payable to "The California State University, Stanislaus".
- Submit an undergraduate application online at CSU Mentor or download and print the paper application.
Also, a non-refundable Application Fee of $55 USD for undergraduate application can be paid by credit card. During online application OR mailed in the form of check, money order or wire transfer payable to The California State University, Stanislaus.
- Oringal or certified copies of Academic Credentials with literal English translation. All academic work must be included. For detailed information, please refer to item #4 on the Application Check List at Instructions for International Admission (PDF).
- Official English Proficiency Score Report (Institution Code: 4713)
TOEFL - Minimum of 32 iBT or 400 PBT
IELTS - Minimum of 4.5 Band Score
- Submit a Certification of Finance Form AND an original or certified copy of a financial statement (no older than six months).
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport.
Await Confirmation of Application
- If you apply online, you will receive an automatic email response confirming our receipt of your application.
- If you submit a paper application by mail, we will email you to confirm receipt of your application.
Please review the Instructions for International Admission (PDF) to ensure that you submit all required documents.
Your application cannot be processed until all required materials are received.
Express mail your completed application to:
Director of International Education
Office of International Education
California State University, Stanislaus
One University Circle, SSB 145
Turlock, California 95382 USA
Admission Process for the above is as follows:
If a student is conditionally admitted, the student must become proficient in the English language before he or she will be permitted to apply for admission for degree study. An I-20 will be issued for an adequate period of time for the student to achieve proficiency and to obtain the degree. However, if the student does not become proficient in the English language, he or she will not be able to get accepted in the degree program.
If a student chooses not to provide the required credentials for admission into a degree program, an I-20 will be issued for ESL only for an appropriate amount of time to become proficient in English.
CSU Stanislaus presently does not conditionally admit applicants to graduate programs (Masters or Ph.D.) who have not provided a TOEFL, IELTS or ELS Language Center Score with their application.