Financial Aid for Math & Science Teacher Candidates
CSU Stanislaus Financial Aid Homepage (with links to CSU Stanislaus Scholarship Application and the FAFSA).
Contact: Tara Ribeiro
Phone: (209) 667-3589
Free Online Application for Federal and state Student Aid
This free on-line application contains questions about you, your financial information, school plans and more. The site provides answers to frequently asked financial aid questions, tips for filling out the application and checking the status of your application.
Robert Noyce Scholarship Program for Math & Science Teacher Candidates
$10,000 Scholarship in exchange for teaching math or science in a high-need school for 2 years (per award)
Assumption Program of Loans for Education (APLE).
California Student Aid Commission program that assists new teachers with education loan payback.
$4,000 grant in exchange for teaching math or science in a high need school (2 years per annual award)
Mary Stuart Rogers Scholarships
Mary Stuart Rodgers Scholarship recipients will receive up to $3,500 to assist with teacher credentialing fees (tuition, books, examination fees, living expenses).
- be a Credential student pursuing an education and career in teaching;
- be accepted into a Credential Program for the 2010/2011 academic year;
- be attending CSU Stanislaus as a full-time student;
- have a minimum 3.50 GPA;
- submit the FAFSA (to demonstrate financial need);
- submit a completed STARS ™On-line Scholarship Application (including a 300-word essay on ‘Why I Want to be a Roger’s Scholar);
- show a demonstrated commitment to personal growth and the desire to serve others -- explain under question 1 (Free Form Questions) section of the online scholarship application; and
- provide two letters of recommendation from CSU Stanislaus faculty members.
http://www.csustan.edu/FinancialAid/scholarships/index.html or CSU Stanislaus Teacher Recruitment & Retention Office, DBH 322/323 (209) 667-3589. TRibeiro@csustan.edu