Greetings students! As classes resumed on August 22nd, we extend a welcome to all new and returning MBA students. We wish each of you a successful and fulfilling term. We look forward to meeting all of you individually or in class in the weeks to come. Please feel free to stop by the MBA office, located in the Demergasso-Bava Hall Room 209, anytime you’re in the “neighborhood”.
We strongly urge you to use or check regularly your csustan.edu generated e-mail as university notices will be e-mailed to that address: primarily, registration date appointment. The MBA Program will send e-mail notifications to the e-mail address in which you are receiving this information on. If your email will change, please notify the MBA Dept.
If you have any questions regarding program policy, procedure or your program file, please contact us at (209) 667-3280 or email@example.com.
1. Any deviation from the pre-approved electives, the request needs to be made with the following form, “Course Substitution for Graduate Degree Program Requirements” is now required, available at: http://www.csustan.edu/grad/forms_publications.html. The course substitution request must be made prior to the beginning of the term in which the class is going to be completed in. If an undergraduate level course is being requested, the professor/instructor signature is required prior to submitting the form to the MBA office. If requesting a course from another graduate program at CSU Stanislaus, you’ll likely need to obtain a permission number from the instructor to add the class. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
2. Additional Fee for MBA Courses: The CSU Board of Trustees in Long Beach approved a Graduate Professional Business Fee, effective fall 2009. As of Fall 2013, the fee is $254 per semester unit and will apply to both new and continuing students in the program. As there is much information pertaining to this fee, please go to http://www.csustan.edu/mba/pages/documents/MBAFeeFAQ073109.pdf to learn more about it. Pay particular attention to the section on “financial aid”, as you may be eligible for an increase in financial aid as a result of this change. If you have question pertaining to financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid and Scholarship Department at (209) 667-3336 or visit their webpage at http://www.csustan.edu/FinancialAid/.
If you are working on foundation courses or taking classes for your own knowledge (courses not used to satisfy a degree requirement), you may request this fee be waived. The form to request the reversal of fees is at the following website, http://www.csustan.edu/FinancialServices/Documents/SARC/MBA-FeeReversalRequest.pdf. You may also request one be mailed or emailed to you by contacting the MBA office.
3. The Comprehensive Examination, for the Culminating Experience requirement, will be administered on Saturday, December 7, 2013 for Fall 2013 and on Saturday, May 17, 2014 for Spring 2014.
4. For anyone who has not yet completed the GMAT or GRE and would like to participate in a free practice exam, visit the following website, www.kaptest.com.
5. The College of Business Administration’s Student Success Center will be holding its annual Accounting Night on October 24th, 2013 For more information please visit the following website, http://www.csustan.edu/cbassc/.
6. The MBA Program was awarded ten GMAT fee waivers for the 13/14 academic year. Please contact the MBA Program at email@example.com for the application and the additional requirements. The fee waiver application is due on Thursday, September 19th, 2013.
7. Any MBA hold on your student account will not be cleared until that requirement is fully completed; this means, grade posted, official transcripts submitted, official score report has been received and reviewed by the department staff.