Admission to the Program
Qualified applicants holding a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university may be admitted to the program. Each applicant must submit the following to the Graduate School:
- You may choose from the following program and concentrations: MBA (general degree), MBA – Accounting, and MBA – Finance.
- Fall 2014 application deadline is June 1st.
- Two copies of official transcripts from each college attended other than CSU Stanislaus be sent to "Graduate School / MSR 120"
Each applicant also must submit the following directly to the Master of Business Administration Office, DBH 209:
- A completed MBA Program Application Form.
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty and/or other professional sources.
- Requirements: The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score, which should be sent directly from the testing service. (Note: the Graduate Record Exam, or GRE, may be substituted for the GMAT).
- Performance on the GMAT (or GRE): All candidates must sit for the exam prior to being admitted to the program. They must achieve scores in the verbal and quantitative categories at or above the 20th percentile. And, they must achieve a minimum score of 3.5 in the “analytical writing” component of the exam. Persons who score below 20 percent in either or both categories may be admitted on a conditional basis that requires them to take additional foundation coursework as prescribed by the MBA Program Director.
- Candidates’ overall or upper-division grade-point average prior to admission: a minimum of 2.5 GPA is required, either overall or upper-division. In addition, a total of 1,000 points must be achieved based on the formula [200 times the overall GPA plus the GMAT score], or a total of 1,050 points based on the formula [200 times the upper-division GPA plus the GMAT score]. Persons taking the GRE must calculate the average of the two category scores, before entering a GRE score in either formula. For persons taking the GRE, the formula is: A total of 200 points must be acheived based on [20 times the upper division GPA plus the average GRE score]. To obtain the average GRE score, a person must add the two category scores [verbal and quantitative] and divide by 2.
- Experience: Candidates must demonstrate a two-year record of relevant, full-time employment in a professional or supervisory role. Applicants wishing to enter the program without the required two years experience may achieve a waiver of the work experience requirement by meeting a higher point score of 1150 based on the formula (200 times overall GPA plus the GMAT total score).
MBA Program Deadlines
MBA application documents maybe submitted year-round. Applications will not be reviewed if files are incomplete. Please refer to The Graduate School website for University application deadlines.
Applicants whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and have a minimum total score of 550 (or 213 electronic) with part scores of at least 54 (21 electronic), reported directly from the testing service.
Additional documents will need to be submitted to The Graduate School. Please refer to the International Student webpage.
Business & Non-Business Undergraduate
(must be satisfied prior to core/elective courses by non academic business background students)
|ACC 2110||Financial Accounting|
|ECON 2510||Principles of Microeconomics|
|FIN 3220||Business Finance|
|MGT 3310||Mgt. Theory & Practice|
|MKT 3410||Principles of Marketing|
|MATH 1610||Statistics for Decision Making|
Note 1: Must also have a computer literacy course, equivalent to Computer Information Systems 2000 Introduction to Business Computer Systems.
Note 2: If a foundation course has a prerequisite the MBA Program does not require this be completed. Please contact instructor directly and notify them of your status and intent of enrolling in their class. It is the instructor’s discretion if they will add students to their classes without appropriate prerequisites.