EXAM 1-3 ESSAY QUESTIONS
"Learning, if rightly applied, makes a young man thinking, attentive, industrious, confident, and wary; and an old man cheerful and useful. It is an ornament in prosperity, a refuge in adversity, an entertainment at all times; it cheers in solitude, and gives moderation and wisdom in all circumstances." - Palmer
Exam 1 (Futrell, 2013, Ch. 1-6)
1. Please define personal selling and sales management in detail.
2. If you were a professional seller, what would you ideally be like, e.g., your traits, habits, schedule, beliefs, life, actions, health, relationships, and so forth? Describe in detail.
3. What is relationship marketing? What can the seller do to enhance relationship marketing?
4. Describe in detail the ethical issues that sales professionals might confront in their careers.
5. Why do people buy?
6. What is needed to have successful sales communications?
7. What do you need to know about your customers?
Exam 2 (Futrell, 2013, Ch. 7-12)
1. How might a salesperson prepare him or herself for the selling process? What preparation is needed?
2. Describe the prospecting methods in detail.
3. It is important to plan a sales call. How is this done?
4. Discuss in detail the types of sales presentations. Please elaborate on the advantages and disadvantages of each.
5. What advice do you have for a new seller regarding the approach?
6. What are the elements of a great sales presentation?
7. How should objections be handled?
Exam 3 (Futrell, 2013, Ch. 13-17)
1. What is your best advice regarding closing?
2. What is necessary for quality customer service and follow-up after the sale?
3. Describe what a successful salesperson does that makes him/her successful.
4. Describe in detail what it takes to recruit and select the right salespeople.
5. Describe in detail the methods that can be used to train the sales force.
6. Describe in detail the methods you might use to motivate yourself and others.
7. What makes a successful leader?