EXAM 1-3 ESSAY QUESTIONS
"Only the educated are free." - Epictetus
Exam 1 (Hawkins '13, Ch. 1-7)
1. What is consumer behavior? How is it related to marketing?
2. In what ways can marketing communications and group communications influence consumer behavior?
3. Describe the diffusion of innovations and its importance to consumer behavior.
4. What must marketers understand about family and household decision-making?
5. Does social stratification affect consumer behavior? If so, how?
6. How might demographics affect consumer behavior?
7. What is a subculture? What do marketers need to understand about subculture?
8. How does culture impact consumer behavior?
Exam 2 (Hawkins '13, Ch. 8-13)
1. What is perception? What do marketers know about perception? How might marketers use this knowledge about perception?
2. Why are learning and memory important to marketers? How do people learn?
3. What should a marketer know about product positioning?
4. What motivates a consumer to purchase a product?
5. What is an attitude? Why are attitudes important? Can attitudes be changed? If so, how?
6. What is self-concept? How can marketers benefit from an understanding of self-concept?
7. Describe the situational influences that might impact consumer behavior?
8. What is lifestyle? What must marketers know about lifestyle?
Exam 3 (Hawkins '13, Ch. 14-20)
1. Describe in detail the steps in the consumer decision process.
2. As a consumer, how do you know when you have a "problem"?
3. Where might consumers get the information they need to make a decision regarding consumer behavior?
4. What must the marketer be aware of regarding postpurchase processes?
5. What causes a consumer to be satisfied? Dissatisfied? Why is it important to have satisfied customers?
6. Can a marketer increase customer commitment? If so, should it be done? How could a marketer increase customer commitment?
7. What does the marketer need to know about outlet selection and purchase?
8. What regulations are important to consumer and organizational marketers?