Educational and institutional quality is assessed at
CaliforniaStateUniversity , Stanislaus through a myriad of methods and related to specific objectives of academic and administrative units. In each case, indicators of quality are identified, data gathered, and results used to evaluate and improve effectiveness.
CSU Stanislaus has identified a set of "core indicators" that focus on educational quality. Information resulting from the annual collection of data related to these core indicators of educational quality is disseminated widely. Formal discussions occur by appropriate governance groups including the Assessment of Student Learning Subcommittee and the Assessment Leadership Team.
Eight Core Indicators of Educational Quality
- Core Indicator 1: Quality of Academic Programs
- Core Indicator 2: Quality of Teaching
- Core Indicator 3: Quality of Faculty Development
- Core Indicator 4: Quality of Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity
- Core Indicator 5: Quality of Engaging Students in Learning
- Core Indicator 6: Quality of Students
- Core Indicator 7: Quality of Support for Learning
- Core Indicator 8: Quality of Achieving Diversity