We are very excited to bring our community a new Sophomore Year Experience Program for 2014-2015. Through this program second year students will have access to specific academic and personal wellness programs.
In Housing we want to support our students in their continued academic success, and we recognize that the sophomore year is a critical transition period.
Our Sophomore Year Experience features:
- Early move-in with Welcome Week activities
- Exploration of majors which are both interesting to you and intellectually stimulating
- Career exploration and guidance
- Spring Job Shadowing Program
- Course selection planning
- Exploration of meaningful activities outside of the classroom which enrich your college experience
- Monthly academic and skills based workshops
- Monthly social and networking activities
- Weekly study nights
- Essay competition
- Mystery trip each semester
- Ongoing communication and interaction with Resident Assistants and Peer Academic Leaders
- Monthly meeting with the Housing Academic and Career Coordinator
The Sophomore Year Experience is a program about long-term success. It is about ensuring that the time and financial investments made to remain at the University stay on track for a timely graduation.
This program is designed to prevent a “sophomore slump” by providing support, events and activities which addresses challenges commonly experienced by sophomore college students.