The Honors Living Learning Community is a collaboration between University Housing and the University Honors program and offers an engaging, intellectually challenging and fun living environment for members of the University Honors Program. Residential honors students are eligible for scholarships, able to attend exclusive events and share a love and commitment to personal growth through learning.
The community, located in the south side of the Village III complex offers apartment-style living with beautiful campus views from each bedroom. Housing up to thirty-six (36) students residents of the floor are comprised of freshman and upperclass students.
Special opportunities and services include:
- $2,000 housing rent reduction if accepted into the University Honors Program and living on the Honors Community floor
- Resident Assistant and Peer Academic Leader who reside on the floor and are both active in the University Honors Program
- Exclusive programs and events
- Off-campus trips
- Movie nights
- Social and recreational activities
- Study nights
- Networking and connections with other honors students, as well as instructional faculty from the Honors Program
- Debate and discussion luncheons
- Holiday reception
- Essay competition for prizes
- Year-end celebration
As a member of the larger housing community as well, members of this floor also have full access to on-going programs and services available to all residents. These include academic support, campus acclimation and integration activities, networking socials, study nights, advising and career guidance and more.