We understand that for many of our CFAW guests, this may be your first experience on a college campus. Remember, this is College For A Weekend, not High School For A Weekend or Camp For A Weekend! With this in mind, here are a few Do’s and Don’ts for your weekend at college.
- DO come to Check-In – Check-In begins at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday and is located in the Housing Community Center. A map will be e-mailed to you when you register. Both Registration and Check-In are Required.
- DO remember to bring your signed Release Form to check-in if you haven't mailed it in advance.
- If you are under 18 you will also need to bring the signed Parental Release Form which is attached your your release form.
- DO keep your CFAW pass with you at all times. This will be issued to you upon check-in and you will need this to get into the dining hall, housing complex, student centers, sporting events, etc.
- DO go to class!
- DO introduce yourself to other CFAW guests, especially if you see someone who may have come alone.
- DO read this whole CFAW packet and call us with any questions you may have.
- DO be respectful of your host’s room and belongings; treat them as you’d want yours to be treated.
- DO have regular contact with your housing host and respond to their text messages or phone calls.
- DO use common sense and finally…….have fun!
- Forget your sleeping bag and pillow. Beds and linens are not available.
- Sleep-in and miss class.
- Steal, cheat, engage in sexual activity or do anything illegal.
- Do not leave the campus grounds at any time.
- Forget to get your Host’s phone number.