Every year, thousands of CSU Stanislaus alumni, parents and friends give, and these contributions help fund scholarships, support great faculty, and underwrite new academic programs. In honor of our 50th Anniversary, we are establishing a fundraising goal of $50,000 for 50 years of excellence. We ask you to give today, in any amount you choose to give, and help us reach our goal. You hold the power now to make a difference in higher education for the next 50 years by donating to the STAN Fund today. Your gift will help fund scholarships, support great faculty, or underwrite new academic programs.
1. PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND – $ 50,000 ($12,500 PER YEAR, 4 YEARS)
The most prestigious scholarship awarded by California State University, Stanislaus, the Presidential Scholarship represents a definitive step toward building a more educated workforce in the Central Valley. Merit scholarships draw motivated, high-achieving students to the University and reward them for setting the bar high. Your generosity will empower this fund to continue providing a full four-year scholarship to cover registration fees, on-campus housing, and assistance toward books and supplies.
2. PROVOST SCHOLARSHIP FUND – $14,000 ($3,500 PER YEAR, 4 YEARS)
The Provost Scholarship Fund provides high-achieving students the opportunity to develop their full potential with the gift of a college education. These scholars enrich and inspire the student body and, after graduation, are likely to become valuable members of the workforce in the San Joaquin Valley.
3. ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIPS – $50,000 ($12,500 PER YEAR, 4 YEARS)
Warrior athletic teams have proven themselves formidable opponents. Be an integral part of a growing athletics program where student athletes strive to excel on and off the field. With your help, we can attract the state’s best student athletes, fuel their dreams, and extend their aspirations and achievements.
4. NAMED SCHOLARSHIPS
A minimum investment of $10,000 establishes a scholarship endowment in your name, or in a name of your choice. As the donor, we will work with you to determine criteria for awarding your annual scholarship from the interest earned on your endowment. Non-endowed named scholarships are also available.
1. ENDOWED CHAIR—$500,000 True teachers are called to their professions, but those who rise to the top of their fields through continued study, experience, and dedication are in high demand. Endowed chair positions not only raise the prestige of the University, but attract highly qualified faculty to fill them through the promise of adequate resources for both teaching and research.
2. ENDOWED PROGRAMS In a challenging financial environment, private support for specialized programs is crucial to the success of the University and its students. With state funds dwindling, we must reach out to secure seed money for exciting and necessary programs such as Biology, Nursing, Sustainability and Environmental Studies, and Genetic Counseling.
3. DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT OF ACADEMIC PROGRAMS Is there an area of academic study near to your heart? Do you have your own vision for a gift to the University? We will work with you to match your desired contribution – in any amount – with a program that will benefit the University and its students.
4. LIBRARY ENHANCEMENT FUND Today’s University library is a place where tradition and technology converge, providing the tools of the information age and time-honored spaces that enable students, faculty, and staff to conduct and synthesize their research. The CSU Stanislaus Library is the heart of our campus, but it is in dire need of renovation and upgrading. State funding will help kick-start the addition and renovation project; however, private support is essential to ensure its completion.
There are a number of ways to be associated in perpetuity with the top-notch higher education offered at CSU Stanislaus by naming campus buildings and infrastructure. Your gift is a visionary investment in the nation’s future leaders, scientists, nurses, teachers, and other professionals. As a donor, your name will appear on the University website and catalog, on building signage as well as college or department letterhead and publications, as appropriate.
The Senior Class Fund is our gift to CSU Stanislaus—and it’s our way of saying "thank you" for the education and memories we take with us. It helps provide others with the same opportunities we've had. And it means that we’re part of the great CSU Stanislaus tradition of giving back.
Wayne Pierce, a longtime and beloved faculty member of CSU Stanislaus, had a vision of creating a native plant arboretum on campus. He imagined a winding pathway, along the south-side of the campus that college students, elementary and secondary students , and community members would visit to learn about the trees, shrubs, and herbs of the Central Valley and the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
CSU Stanislaus is among a growing number of universities helping young people transition out of foster care by offering an array of financial, academic, social, and housing assistance. Doing so not only helps individuals reach their full potential, but also significantly decreases prospects of homelessness and unemployment among former foster youth. Private philanthropy plays an important role in providing these services. Here’s how your donations can help:
Housing: In the summer, approximately 20 percent of Promise Scholar students at CSU Stanislaus don’t have anywhere to go. Financial assistance to help pay rent is greatly needed and will not conflict with existing financial aid that students receive. A $3,000 donation would help one student have a safe place to live in the summer months.
Books: A $300 voucher for each student would pay for a typical semester of books and would enable students to stretch their financial aid even further throughout the semester.
Consistent, Caring Adults: Having a person who knows about your situation and helps you succeed is perhaps one of the greatest contributions of the Promise Scholars Program. Your donation can help provide such a person for students. In addition to lots of encouragement, program staff help students develop problem solving and coping skills to manage the complexities of living independently and going to college.
Student Assistant Jobs: Funding to provide a job within CSU Stanislaus would not only provide much needed income for students, but also a chance to receive job training and develop life skills such as job interviewing and dressing appropriately for professional work.
Thank you for your interest in supporting CSU Stanislaus Stockton Center. Donations and contributions have such a significant impact on the lives and educational experience of our students. Whether you give an annual gift, a bequest, or for a specific campus program or project, your financial support will continue the University's tradition of quality education and personal attention.