Create a Bb/TII Assignment
- In the Bb Course Menu, click the Content Area (e.g., Assignments) where you want the students to submit the Turnitin Assignment.
- In the Assessments menu, select Turnitin Assignment.
- Click the button for the Assignment Type:
Paper Assignment - basic type, most common.
PeerMark Assignment - for students to review their peers' papers.
Revision Assignment - for multiple draft uploads without overwriting the previous drafts. This assignment type requires a Paper Assignment to be created first.
Click Next Step
- On the New Assignment page, enter the Assignment Title, the Point Value, and the Start/Due/Post Date options (Post Date may not apply for your assignment. If used, select a date after the Due Date.)
- Set Optional Settings as needed (Special Instructions, alternate settings)
- Click Submit.
A column is added to the Bb course Grade Center.
Students see the TII Assignment Name View/Complete link on that content page. The assignment is submitted to TII through the Bb TII Assignment link.
To evaluate the assignment:
In your Bb Control Panel, click Course Tools, then click the Turnitin Assignments link.
Click the link on that page for the assignment.
Click Roster Sync, if necessary, to add or update student names to the TII Author column.
Download by clicking the check box by the word Author, then select the Download file. Click OK on the popup window. Click the download link in the next popup window.
OR, evaluate online
Click each student's Similarity icon to view the submission.
Use the GradeMark link to add comments to the submission.
When students submit an assignment to the TurnItIn link, they see a digital receipt page with a Submission ID Number. They may also receive an email with the number. The student should check the junk, spam, or trash email folders if the digital receipt is not in the inbox.
Direct students to save or print that information to use for tracking the submission in case of an issue. The TII Help Desk needs the receipt number to start the process.
If a student does not see the receipt with the number, the paper was not accepted, and the student will need to start the process again.
Many students make the mistake of uploading the paper and thinking it’s done.
There is a second step, which is to Confirm Submission.
If the second step isn't completed, the paper will not be submitted, and there will be no digital receipt.