The faculty, staff, administrators, and students of California State University, Stanislaus are committed to creating a learning environment which encourages all members of the campus community to expand their intellectual, creative, and social horizons. We challenge one another to realize our potential, to appreciate and contribute to the enrichment of our diverse community, and to develop a passion for life-long learning. To facilitate this mission, we promote academic excellence in the teaching and scholarly activities of our faculty, encourage personalized student learning, foster interactions and partnerships with our surrounding communities, and provide opportunities for the intellectual, cultural, and artistic enrichment of the region.
17/AS/96/Ad Hoc--Approved by the Academic Senate 10/22/96 Approved by the President 12/3/96
CSU Stanislaus strives to become a major center of learning, intellectual pursuit, artistic excellence and cultural engagement for California's greater Central Valley and beyond. We will serve our diverse student body, communities and state by creating programs, partnerships and leaders that respond effectively to an evolving and interconnected world. 1
9/AS/04/USPSC--Approved May 27, 2005
In order to achieve our mission and vision:
- We inspire all members of the campus community to demand more of self than we do of others to attain new knowledge and challenge assumptions.
- We challenge one another to be fully engaged, responsible citizens with the ethics, knowledge, skills, and desire to improve self and community.
- We value learning that encompasses lifelong exploration and discovery through intellectual integrity, personal responsibility, global and self-awareness, grounded in individual student-faculty interactions.
- We are a student centered community committed to a diverse, caring, learning focused environment that fosters collegial, reflective and open exchange of ideas.
- We, as faculty, elicit, nurture, and enhance the different voices of our selves, students and communities through deliberate engagement, continual discovery and ongoing transformation.
- We, as staff and administrators, contribute to the learning environment by demonstrating the knowledge, skills and values that serve and support the University's mission.
19/AS/04/USPSC--Approved May 27, 2005