Omicron Delta Epsilon
International Honor Society in Economics
Omicron Delta Epsilon (ODE) is the International Honor Society in Economics. The purpose of the organization is to promote and acknowledge excellence in the field of Economics and to unite students and faculty who have a specific interest in economics.
- Junior standing (60 or more unit hours).
- An overall grade point average of 3.0 or better.
- Completion of at least 12 units of economics classes and at least a 3.0 GPA in ECON courses.
*You do not have to be an Economics major to join ODE.
Objectives and Goals
- To recognize and honor those students who have had an outstanding achievement in the field of Economics.
- To better establish social and academic interaction among students and faculty members.
- To provide an opportunity to further discuss Economic issues.
Chapters engage in such activities as their members deem most interesting and beneficial to their development as economists. In addition, there will be an annual ceremony to recognize and initiate new officers and new members to the organization.
Dr. Elaine Peterson