Information Tech. Intern
The intern will be assigned to assist professional staff with providing computer hardware, software and technical support to various divisions within the Turlock Christian Schools. Under the direction of the IT department, the intern will be responsible for the following scope of work duties:
- Supporting PC/iMac hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software (Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Operating System, and OSX Operating System);
- Monitoring help desk support requests;
- Providing end user support in various levels of technical and non-technical staff
- In addition, intern may assist the Web page development, Web content management, and Electronic Document Management System projects.
- Intern will assist in assessing any donated technology equipment and determine what steps need to be taken to upgrade and deploy equipment for use within the organization.
- Student intern must have awareness of the PC/iMac hardware components, desktop operating system software and application software.
- Student must have awareness of the PC/iMac Industry’s current and emerging technology trends and direction, as well as a keen interest in computer-based information systems and technology. Interested applicants should possess excellent analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems. Should have the ability to research and understand technical documentation, and an understanding of how to apply various technical resources.
- Ability to perform tasks such as providing operating systems and application software installations and upgrades, virus protection and eradication.
- Able to interact effectively with management, staff and other organization personnel, and work independently, and/or as part of a team.
- Must be currently enrolled as a second semester junior, senior, or graduate student.
- Applicants must be available immediately and willing to commit at least 6 months for a technology internship.
- A minimum 3.0 grade point average is required.
- Students must provide a resume, a current unofficial transcript (as proof of good academic standing) or a letter from their Department Chair to validate their good academic standing.
- A 500-word personal statement expressing internship expectations and career interests.
- Pay:$9/HR (15-30 hours per week) Monday-Friday , occasional Saturday
- To Apply, Please submit resume, personal statement and unofficial transcript to:
- Samuel Touma