Counselor Education (School Counseling) Program
- Review the Comprehensive Exam Policies/Procedures and Praxis Information (PDF)
- Submit a Comprehensive Exam Application Ensure that your coursework meets the 7-year time limit for completion of the M.A.
- Apply to the University, if not currently registered. Ongoing registration requires course registration during at least one semester within the calendar year.
- Register for EDGS 7006, Comprehensive Exam, for the semester in which you will take the exam, (unless registered for a class that semester).
- Take Praxis Exam. Submit results to Advanced Studies department, DBH 348.
- Current Passing Praxis Score is 600.
- If notified that you did not pass the Praxis Exam, retake the exam. If notified that you did pass, congratulate yourself!
- Portfolio Meeting with the Program Coordinator Portfolio Information
- Attend a Comprehensive completion meeting.
||||||| Updated: 12/05/2012