The application process requires two steps: (1) University admission and (2) Program admission. First, candidates for the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program or the combined Preliminary Administrative Services Credential and Master of Arts Degree in Education (School Administration Concentration) Program must meet system wide standards for advancement to graduate status. These general standards are: (1) having an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; (2) being in good academic standing at the last college or university attended; (3) having a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 in the last 60 semester units (90 quarter units) attempted; and (4) satisfactorily meeting the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards for graduate study, including qualifying examinations.
For admission to the University, submit the University application and fee, and official transcripts from each college or university previously attended. You must apply for admission to the University online at csumentor.edu.
For admission to the Credential and/or MA Program, please submit the following items to the Advanced Studies Office (DBH 348):
- Program application and receipt for program application fee
(Use Cashier's Code PST 286) Printable Application (PDF)
Complete Program Application Online
- Copy of valid California Credential (showing expiration date).
- Proof of CBEST (only if initially credentialed prior to 1983).
- One letter of sponsorship from district or county office superintendent, associate/assistant superintendent, director or principal.
- Two years of full-time certificated experience (requirement may be waived with a signed letter of support from the candidate's district superintendent or equivalent).
A formal interview will be scheduled during your first semester of enrollment.
Students must maintain a 3.0 average or better on all coursework in order to continue with the program.
For additional information, please contact the Program Coordinator of the School Administration Program or the Administrative Support Coordinator.