Recommendations to Students with Disabilities
- For ADA accommodation requests, contact Disability Resource Services.
- Schedule an intake appointment with Disability Resource Services to determine eligibility and services.
- Plan ahead and submit requests for alternate format textbooks and accomodations well in advance.
- Contact Disability Resource Services immediately if you are experiencing problems with accommodations.
- Notify your instructors if you need an accomodation and contact DRS if you need guidance.
- Disabled parking space is available on campus with a valid CSU Stanislaus parking permit as well as a valid DMV placard or disabled plate (must be displayed).
- DRS provides cart service to students that have a permanent or temporary disability. Submit your request for cart service to DRS.
Recommendations for All Students
- Understand that everyone communicates and performs tasks at a different pace and in different ways.
- Create accessible class presentations (e.g., Word, PDF, PowerPoint presentations) and projects.
- Create accessible club and organization documents, publications and web sites.
- Incorporate Universal Design for Learning and Section 508 guidelines in all aspects of a club or organization event (e.g., planning, marketing, logistics, technical elements, content, etc.).
- Host a club or organization meeting on the topic of accessible document creation (Word, PDF, PowerPoint presentations).
- Contact the ATI Coordinator to schedule a presentation or discussion of accessibility at a club or organization meeting.
- Points to remember when you meet a person with a disability.
- Protect and respect the privacy of individuals with disabilities.
Disability Resource Services
- Disability Resource Services
- Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
- Definition of Terms
- Disability Verfication
- DRS Contact Information
- Veterans Affairs Office
- Student Veteran Center
- Veterans Affairs Contact Information
- Troops to College
Student Health Center
- Student Health Center
Summer Patient Care and Pharmacy Hours
Monday through Friday
8:00 am - 11:30 am
12:00 pm - 3:45 pm
Psychological Counseling Services
Students: Contact your instructor about all course content issues, especially tests.