A Collaborative Process
In any large organization, there are many functions, some of which have overlapping goals and tasks. Student success is of great importance to the entire campus community, and there have been numerous projects implemented and committees formed over the years to respond to student success issues. In fact, the excellent retention rates of the campus can be attributed to the already existing excellent programs and efforts. The purpose of the Student Success Committee is to address student success in a purposeful, coordinated manner, thus maximizing campus resources and identifying pathways for student success. Information sharing is very important to accomplish the objectives of the Committee. By including individuals who are already part of existing campus efforts, the Committee hopes to foster an agile, responsive and purposeful approach to enhancing student success.
- Provide an environment that enhances students’ academic success, attainment of personal goals and satisfaction.
- Implement a concerted student success and retention program, utilizing the collected data and drawing upon best practices.
- Systematically review university-wide assessment data with the goal of improving student success.
- Ensure that student success efforts are aligned with the campus mission and reinforced through strategic planning.
- Review available data, identify opportunities for further analysis.
- Identify student outcomes and experiences, both cognitive and affective, that are central to the Stanislaus experience.
- Identify interventions needed to improve student retention and success.
- Facilitate information sharing and coordination among numerous student success projects.
- Ensure that students, faculty and staff are informed of campus student success opportunities.
- Establish retention targets for selected student cohorts.
- Develop a mechanism for efforts to be reviewed and continued.
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs & Vice President for Student Affairs
Selected by the Associated Students, Inc.
Selected by Academic Senate (6)
Faculty Director of General Education (1)
Associate Vice President, Enrollment Management
Associate Vice President/Dean of Students
Director, Institutional Research
First Year Success Coordinator, Advising Resource Center
Senior Director, Retention Services
||||||| Updated: 10/26/2012