For Community Partners
Through the Office of Service Learning, CSU Stanislaus strives to foster an ethic of service and civic engagement by establishing reciprocal and mutually beneficial partnerships with the community, whereby community partners become coeducators.
For our community partners, service learning students represent a means for increased capacity for service delivery, as well as a basis for future support.
Service learning students have access to a myriad of active learning opportunities in the community, such as mentoring youth, connecting young students to science, working with under served individuals and families, and impacting public policy.
Service Learning Projects
- VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
- Chemistry in the Classroom
- Vertebrate Life Cycle Classroom Project
- Cesar E. Chavez Memorial Celebration
- United Samaritans Foundation "Legacy of Hope" Event
- REACH Event
- Honors Service Learning Project at Rose Elementary School
- Modesto Art Museum
- Public Relations Campaigns
- Criminal Justice Mentor Program
- Turlock Together
What can the Office of Service Learning do for your community organization or event?
The Office of Service Learning at CSU Stanislaus is always eager to work with the community to create partnerships that generate active learning opportunities for our students. For more information, please contact us.