Planning a sponsored program open to the public on campus? There are special considerations and guidelines necessary to manage the risk.
Here is what you will need to do in order to plan a safe and successful program involving the public:
- Fill out the SponsoredProgramsforPublic_RiskAssessment.pdf and return it to the University Police Department
Attn: Safety and Risk Management, at least 14 calendar days PRIOR to the event start date
- Notify Risk Management of all adult staff members.
- A Sponsored Programs for the Public Release of Liability.pdf form must be received from EVERY program participant. Minor age (<18 years) participants must have a parent/guardian complete and sign the form. Documents by a parent or guardian on behalf of a minor must be retained for at least three years after an activity ends or until the minor turns twenty, whichever is longer.
- Fill out a roster.pdf and return it to Safety and Risk Management after the program is completed.
- If you plan to have food at your program, and it is not provided by Campus Dining, then you must fill out and submit a Temporary Food Permit.pdf form at least 14 calendar days PRIOR to the event start date.
Questions or concerns, contact Risk Manager.