Please note: this process is in addition to normal university business travel requirements set forth by the CSU Stanislaus Travel Services.
Foreign Travel Insurance Program (FTIP)
- Register for Foreign Travel Insurance
- Once registered, the traveler will be contacted by the Office of Safety & Risk Management with follow up to include:
- Confirmation of coverage
- Traveler emergency contact information and itinerary
- Information on travel warnings or CSU restrictions
- Provision of the Travel Assistance Card to use during their trip
- Info about the STEP registration with the State Department
It is important that CSU Stanislaus faculty, staff and student traveling internationally on university business/university sponsored trips* do so in as safe a manner as possible. All employees and students who travel internationally on CSU business are required to use the Foreign Travel Insurance Program (FTIP).
* University Sponsored Trips are those which the University directs; funds; approves; assigns; requires for academic credit; or requires as part of a program or class.
FTIP provides coverage anywhere in the world that is not the United States of America (including territories and possessions) and any country or jurisdiction which the subject of trade of economic sanctions imposed by the law or regulations of the United States of America.
Subject to terms, conditions and applicable exclusions FTIP benefits include and are not limited to the following:
- General Liability
- Excess Auto Liability
- Primary Medical Expense & Emergency Medical Benefits
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Repatriation of Remains
- Political Evacuations & Repatriation Benefit War Risk Coverage
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefit
Cost of Coverage
FTIP premiums for all University-sponsored international travel are paid as an all-University expense.
Register for International Travel Insurance
All trips must be registered with the CSU Stanislaus Office of Safety & Risk Management a minimum ten (10) working days prior to the trip departure date. Some destinations may require insurance underwriter approval, so early registration is best. Please click here to complete the online registration form for FTIP.
Travel to countries on the U.S. State Department Travel Warning List or countries deemed high hazard risk require the approval of the Chancellor. Trips to high hazard or countries with a warning, should be registered no less than 30 days prior.
Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
It is recommended all employees and students traveling internationally sign up for the U. S. State Department’s Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). This is a system utilized by the State Department to connect with the traveler, providing information should conditions change in the foreign location and assist you in an emergency. The traveler need only enroll once and then can update as trips are planned.