Greetings students! As classes resumed on August 22nd, we extend a welcome to all new and returning MBA students. We wish each of you a successful and fulfilling term. We look forward to meeting all of you individually or in class in the weeks to come. Please feel free to stop by the MBA office, located in the Demergasso-Bava Hall Room 209, anytime you’re in the “neighborhood”.
By now, most of you have registered for fall classes. Many of the classes are presently showing “full”. For those of you who haven't yet registered, or have found that the course(s) you wanted were already full we strongly recommend you contact the course instructor and inquire about being added to the class. Please be sure to keep in mind the pre-requisite requirements for certain courses, mainly FIN 5210 and MGT 5900.
We strongly urge you to use or check regularly your csustan.edu generated e-mail as university notices will be e-mailed to that address: primarily, registration date appointment. The MBA Program will send e-mail notifications to the e-mail address in which you are receiving this information on. If your email has changed please notify the MBA Dept.
If you have any questions regarding program policy, procedure or your program file, please contact us at (209) 667-3280 or email@example.com.
1. Any deviation from the pre-approved electives, the request needs to be made with the following form, “Course Substitution for Graduate Degree Program Requirements” is now required, available at: http://www.csustan.edu/grad/forms_publications.html. The course substitution request must be made prior to the beginning of the term in which the class is going to be completed in. If an undergraduate level course is being requested, the professor/instructor signature is required prior to submitting the form to the MBA office. If requesting a course from another graduate program at CSU Stanislaus, you’ll likely need to obtain a permission number from the instructor to add the class. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
2. Additional Fee for MBA Courses: The CSU Board of Trustees in Long Beach approved a Graduate Professional Business Fee, effective fall 2009. As of Fall 2012, the fee is $274 per semester unit and will apply to both new and continuing students in the program. As there is much information pertaining to this fee, please go to http://www.csustan.edu/mba/pages/documents/MBAFeeFAQ073109.pdf to learn more about it. Pay particular attention to the section on “financial aid”, as you may be eligible for an increase in financial aid as a result of this change. If you have question pertaining to financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid and Scholarship Department at (209) 667-3336 or visit their webpage at http://www.csustan.edu/FinancialAid/.
If you are working on foundation courses or taking classes for your own knowledge (courses not used to satisfy a degree requirement), you may request this fee be waived. The form to request the reversal of fees is at the following website, http://www.csustan.edu/FinancialServices/Documents/SARC/MBA-FeeReversalRequest.pdf. You may also request one be mailed or emailed to you by contacting the MBA office.
3. The Comprehensive Examination, for the Culminating Experience requirement, will be administered on Saturday, December 8, 2012 for Fall 2012 and on Saturday, May 18, 2013 for Spring 2013.
4. For anyone who has not yet completed the GMAT or GRE and would like to participate in a free practice exam, visit the following website, www.kaptest.com.
5. The College of Business Administration’s Student Success Center will be holding its annual Accounting Night on September 27th, 2012 and Meet The Firms Night on October 25th, 2012. For more information please visit the following website, http://www.csustan.edu/cbassc/.
6. The tentative classes for the Spring 2013 are:
|Computer Information Systems 5620
|Accounting or Finance Elective
|Operations Management 5630
|Mgt., Operations Mgt., or Marketing Elective
7. Enrollment Services sent out an email (body of the email is below) with registration information on August 15, 2012.
In our ongoing effort to control enrollment levels and give all students an equal chance to add the courses they need, we are limiting the time period that students can add classes.
Please be aware that we will be closing the add period on the 10th day of classes, September 5th, at 11:59 pm, for the Fall 2012 semester.
After classes begin, the only way to add a class will be to obtain a permission number from the instructor; please ensure that you do so for all classes prior to September 5th, as this will be the last day to add a class.
The drop period will remain open as usual through census date.
8. Any MBA hold on your student account will not be cleared until that requirement is fully completed; this means, grade posted, official transcripts submitted, official score report has been received by the department office, etc.