A Concentration is required of all Liberal Studies majors. It includes the in-depth study of an approved subject. The approved concentrations for the Blue Program include:
- Applied Philosophy
- Bilingual/Cross Cultural: South East Asian
- Bilingual/cross Cultural: Spanish
- Biological Sciences
- Child Development
- Communication Studies
- Earth Sciences
- Ethnic Studies
- Exceptional Children & Youth
- Natural Sciences
- Physics/Physical Sciences
- TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
How Do I Declare a Concentration?
- To declare a concentration complete the "Declaration or Change of Degree Objective" form. Forms are available at most academic departments, including the Liberal Studies Department and the Enrollment Services Office. Form is also available online under Enrollment Services Admission Forms & Publications.
- Return your completed form to the Liberal Studies Department for the necessary signatures and processing.
The Liberal Studies Department will forward your form to Enrollment Services for processing. A copy of your file will be generated at that time (by Enrollment Services) and sent to your "new" concentration department.
If you are changing your major to something other than Liberal Studies, complete the "Declaration or Change of Degree Objective" form and return it to the Liberal Studies Department.
- Liberal Studies will forward your form along with your file to the department of your choice. Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing.