|Assembly Bill 26 (AB 26) was signed by Governor Davis and the CSU Board of Trustees adopted those provisions. Effective January 1, 2000, the CSU is extending health, dental and vision coverages to eligible employees who have the following registered domestic partnerships:
- Specified same-sex domestic partnerships between persons who are both at least 18 years old.
- Specified opposite sex domestic partnerships when one or both persons are over 62 years old.
Eligible employees must first register the domestic partnership with the Secretary of State:
- Secretary of State
P. O. Box 944225
Sacramento, CA 94244-2250
Once registered, employees must submit the following completed documents to the Human Resources Office:
Once the necessary documentation is received, the insurance enrollment forms will be completed. Children of registered domestic partnerships may also be enrolled in the insurance plans. The effective date of coverage will be on a prospective basis.
- Declaration of Domestic Partnership, available from the Secretary of State; and
- Statement of Financial Liability for Domestic Partner Health Benefits, available on the forms rack outside the Human Resources Office; and
- Statement of Financial Liability for Domestic Partner Dental and Vision Benefits, available on the forms rack outside the Human Resources Office.