The STAR Awards are presented annually to staff members who exemplify exceptional performance, integrity, and service to the University community.
Employee of the Year Award:
Presented to a staff member who has gone above and beyond the scope of his/her position; has consistently demonstrated quality customer service; is recognized for effective communication skills, collaborative team work and consistently treating others with respect and professional courtesy.
Nominations may be placed by faculty, staff, administrators, and students. Previous year’s winner is not eligible for nomination.
Please provide specific examples of how your nominee:
- Contributes to improving or creating processes, which result in significant improvement to productivity, service, or cost savings to the University.
- Exemplifies citizenship of the University and local community through service to others and successful involvement in programs or initiatives aligned with the University Mission.
- Has sustained outstanding performance over a period of twelve months: top performer. (HR to verify)
- Models positive morale, effective communication skills, team work, collaboration and professional courtesy.
- Consistently goes above and beyond the job requirements to ensure students, faculty and/or staff receive excellent customer service.
Recipient must be a benefits eligible staff member of the University. Auxiliary employees are also eligible.
One staff member will be honored each year. Recipients will receive a $500 cash award and a framed certificate at the annual Staff Picnic. They will be recognized on the STAR Awards website.