The STAR Awards are presented annually to staff members who exemplify exceptional performance, integrity, and service to the University community.
Rookie of the Year Award:
This award is presented to a staff member employed for at least 12 months, but not more than 24 months, in continuous service who has demonstrated outstanding performance and has added to the success of his/her department and the University.
Nominations may be placed by faculty, staff, administrators, and students. Previous year’s winner is not eligible for nomination.
Please provide specific examples of how your nominee:
- Has been employed for at least 12 months, but not more than 24 months, in continuous service. (HR to verify)
- Contributes to improving or creating processes, which result in significant improvement to productivity, service, or cost savings to the University.
- Exemplifies citizenship of the University and local community through service to others and successful involvement in programs or initiatives aligned with the University Mission.
- Has sustained outstanding performance over the past twelve-month period: top performer. (HR to verify)
- Brings to the department an attitude and dependability that allows other employees to be more effective in their positions and inspires positive morale.
Recipient must be a benefits eligible staff member of the University. Auxiliary employees are also eligible.
One staff member will be honored each year. Recipients will receive a $500 cash award and a framed certificate at the annual Staff Picnic. They will be recognized on the STAR Awards website.