The STAR Awards are presented annually to staff members who exemplify exceptional performance, integrity, and service to the University community.
Behind the Scenes Award:
This award is presented to a staff member who has demonstrated outstanding service to the University, and who does not provide direct services to students such as staff in Facilities Services and other non-academic related departments.
Nominations may be placed by faculty, staff, administrators, and students. Previous year’s winner is not eligible for nomination.
- Works in a department that does not provide direct services to students – such as Facilities Services or other non-academic related department.
- Contributes to improving or creating processes, which result in significant improvement to productivity, service, or cost savings to the University.
- Exemplifies citizenship of the University and local community through service to others and successful involvement in programs or initiatives aligned with the University Mission.
- Has sustained outstanding performance over the past 12 month period: top performer. (HR to verify)
- Inspires others through words or actions and promotes positive morale.
Recipient must be a benefits eligible staff member of the University. Auxiliary employees are also eligible.
One staff member will be honored each year. Recipients will receive a $500 cash award and a framed certificate at the annual Staff Picnic. They will be recognized on the STAR Awards website.