The STAR Awards are presented annually to staff members who exemplify exceptional performance, integrity, and service to the University community.
Lifetime Achievement Award:
This award is presented to a staff member, with 10+ years of University service, who has consistently contributed to the quality service of his/her department and has made a positive impact across the University and local community.
Nominations may be placed by faculty, staff, administrators, and students. Previous year’s winner is not eligible for nomination.
Please provide specific examples of how your nominee:
- Has provided dedicated, outstanding, and continuous service to the University for 10 years or more. (HR to verify)
- Contributes to improving or creating processes, which result in significant improvement to productivity, service, or cost savings to the University.
- Exemplifies citizenship of the University and local community through service to others and successful involvement in programs or initiatives aligned with the University Mission.
- Inspires other employees to come to him/her for guidance and direction and promotes positive morale.
- Goes out of the way to assist other employees above and beyond the scope of his/her own area of responsibility.
Recipient must be a benefits eligible staff member of the University. Auxiliary employees are also eligible.
One staff member will be honored each year. Recipients will receive a $500 cash award and a framed certificate at the annual Staff Picnic. They will be recognized on the STAR Awards website.