- » Current WS Openings
- » FAQs
- » Timesheet (mycsustan.edu)
- » Payroll Direct Deposit Form.pdf
- » Student Assistant Employment Guidelines (HR)
The Work-Study Program is a federally funded grant program which provides employment for either undergraduate or graduate students to help with the cost of education. If you have additional questions, see FAQs or the Work-Study Coordinator has available office hours. Please call (209) 667-3336.
Only Students who have a Federal Work-Study award; MyCSUSTAN may apply for jobs through the Work-Study Program.
- Federal Work-Study recipients may begin seeking their job placements as early as August 2nd.
- Students may begin working the first day of each semester; or the date the hiring process is completed, whichever date is later.
- If this is your First-time receiving Federal Work-Study funds; you must fill out the Student Assistant Employment Application and submit it to the appropriate department you're applying for.
- Once the department has hired you, fill out the forms listed below.
- CSU Student Payroll Action Request.pdf
- Student Emergency Contact Form.pdf
- Employment not covered by Social Security.pdf
- Employment Eligibility Vertification.pdf
- Only first time Federal Work-Study recipients need to submit forms to the Payroll Office in Human Resources, located in the Mary Stuart Rogers Educational Services Gateway Suite #320. (Building #27 see map)
- The Federal Work-Study Authorization Form (obtained by hiring department) must be completed before you begin working.
Interested in a work-study position
- If students were not originally awarded Work-Study and wish to receive Federal Work-Study, submit a written request to add work-study to your financial aid award, if funding becomes available you will be contact by our Office.
- Funding is quite limited.
Positions Available for 2013-14
|Gallery Assistant.pdf||Art Department||12/20/13|
|Clerical Assistant.pdf||Communications and Public Affairs||12/20/13|
|Clerical Assistant.pdf||Facilities Services||12/20/13|
|Clerical Assistant.pdf||Faculty Affairs & Human Resources||12/20/13|
|Lab Assistant.pdf||Office of Information Technology||12/20/13|
|Lab Assistant.pdf||Department of Geography/GIS||12/20/13|
|Clerical Assistant.pdf||Economic Department||1/27/14|
|Clerical Assistant.pdf||University Honors||12/06/13|
|Circulation Assistant.pdf||University Library||12/20/13|
|Clerical Assistant.pdf||University Advancement||12/20/13|
America Reads Program
Reading Tutors/Federal Work Study Expansion
The Federal government has requested that we allocate Federal Work Study Funds to be applied to the "America Reads Program through the placement of Federal Work Study students as "Reading Tutors" with emphasis on increasing reading skills from kindergarten through the sixth grade. CSUS will be looking to place reading tutors, funded through Federal Work-Study, in the Turlock school district. For Inquires to be a reading tutor: Email email@example.com. If you are interested in a paid Federal Work Study job as a "Reading Tutor" , you must adhere to these procedures:
- Apply for Financial Aid using The Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA)
- Indicate your interest for receiving employment as part of the financial assistance by marking the appropriate box on your FAFSA.
- Submit a Student Employment application.
|Hourly Pay Rate:||No longer accepting applications|
Job Description and Responsibilities: Emphasis on increasing reading skills for children, Kindergarten through Sixth grades, in the Turlock School District.
Job Qualifications: Enrolled in an English, Liberal Studies, Child Development or Communications program,(but not required) Interested in teaching others to read, serving the community or working with children. A valid California Drivers License and Vehicle insurance is required.