Download Protégé Application (Doc) | Download Protégé Brochure (PDF)
1. Come to the Office of Student Leadership and Development, where the Faculty Mentor Program is located, in the University Student Union (USU) room 103 and request a FMP Protege Application. OR You may download the protege application (click on highlighted text above) and email it to Clarissa Lonn-Nichols at email@example.com.
2. Fill out application and return it to the FMP office, located in the USU room 103.
3. When you turn in your FMP Application to the Office of Student Leadership and Development, you will be sent an email to set up a time to meet with Clarissa Lonn-Nichols. At the meeting she will guide you with how to choose a mentor and recommend which mentors may be a good match.
Students may also select a faculty member from the online FMP Mentor list and will need to arrange to meet with Clarissa Lonn-Nichols to inquire if the mentor you wish to choose is available. This person should be a person you would prefer to mentor you. In order for your application to be completed, you must receive a mentor's signature, authorizing that they agree to be your mentor.
4. Return the Mentor's Signature Card to the office, USU room 103. If you need a Mentor Signature Card, please feel free to come to the Office of Student Leadership and Development to pick one up.
5. Once you have turned in your Protege Application and turned in the Mentor Signature Card, you are officially in the Faculty Mentor Program. You will be put on our mailing list in order to recieve information about upcoming events, scholarships and other student support services and opportunities for student success.
Please feel free to contact Clarissa Lonn-Nichols or the Office of Student Leadership and Development if you have any questions, the student centered staff is always delighted to assist students. All questions are good questions and we look forward to supporting your student success. The OSLD phone number is (209) 667-3778 or you can email any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.