Office: Bizzini Hall, Room 215
Phone: (209) 667-3127
Jennifer Helzer Ph.D.
explore Anthropology further »
explore Geography further »
explore Ethnic Studies further »
Economics, Agricultural Studies, and Social Sciences
Office: Bizzini Hall, Room 101
Phone: (209) 667-3181
Edward C. Erickson, Ph.D.
explore Economics further »
explore Ag Studies further »
Office: Bizzini Hall, Room 118
Phone: (209) 667-3238
Bret Carroll, Ph.D.
explore further »
Philosophy and Modern Languages
Office: Vasche Library, Room 185
Phone: (209) 667-3686
Jason Winfree, Ph.D.
explore Philosophy further »
explore Modern Languages further »
Sociology & Gender Studies
Office: Bizzini Hall, Room 213
Phone: (209) 667-3408
Paul W. O’Brien, Ph.D.
explore Sociology further »
explore Gender Studies further »
- Accreditation is a voluntary quality assurance process that assists institutions in developing and maintaining the highest educational standards. Since 1963, CSU Stanislaus has been accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). In addition, each of the colleges has earned accreditation for their individual programs.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences MPA program in Public Administration has received accreditation by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs & Administration.
Explore Further: College Web site »
creatively about challenges faced by
communities at home and across the globe.
Known for academic excellence and innovation, The College of Humanities and Social Sciences offers an impressive range of course offerings in support of the liberal arts core of the university. The College exemplifies excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service and sponsors efforts like the Council for Sustainable Futures and six centers and institutes, including the Center for portuguese Studies and Center for public policy Studies. The College also oversees the university newspaper (The Signal) and radio station (KCSS-FM).
- Bachelor of Arts, Agricultural Studies
- Bachelor of Arts, Anthropology
- Bachelor of Arts, Art (Studio)
- Bachelor of Arts, Art (Art History)
- Bachelor of Arts, Communication Studies
- Bachelor of Arts, Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics
- Bachelor of Arts, English
- Bachelor of Arts, Ethnic Studies
- Bachelor of Arts, Gender Studies
- Bachelor of Arts, Geography
- Bachelor of Arts, History
- Bachelor of Arts, Music
- Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts, Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts, Spanish
- Bachelor of Arts, Special Major
- Bachelor of Arts, Theatre Arts
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Art
- Graphic Design
- Mixed Subject
- Time-Based Media
- Bachelor of Music
Areas of Study:
- Piano Performance
- Instrumental Performance
- Vocal Performance
- Music Education - Instrumental
- Music Education - Choral
- Jazz Studies
- Gerontology/Geriatrics Certificate
- Master of Arts, Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts, English
- Master of Arts, History
- Master of Public Administration
- Race, ethnic relations, transnationalism and social movements
- Community and cultural studies
- Forensic sciences
- Environmental sustainability and water resources
- Practical application of theoretical analysis
- The College hosts the University Honors Program and the Ronald McNair Scholars Program, which provide valuable research opportunities for students interested in future graduate studies at the Ph.D. level.
Interim Dean: James A. Tuedio, Ph.D.
Interim Associate Deans:
Sari Miller-Antonio, Ph.D.
Stephen Routh, Ph.D.
Office: Vasche Library
Phone: (209) 667-3531
see Catalog: CHSS
College of Humanities & Social Sciences
One University Circle
Turlock, CA 95382