Recommendations to Students with Disabilities
- Schedule an intake appointment with Disability Resource Services to determine eligibility and services.
- Plan ahead and submit requests for alternate format textbooks in a timely fashion. Plan ahead and request accommodations in a timely fashion.
- Contact Disability Resource Services immediately if you are experiencing problems with accommodations.
- Communicate and build a relationship and rapport with your professors so that they understand the ways they can best to contribute to your success in their courses.
Recommendations for All Students
- Understand that everyone communicates and performs tasks at a different pace and in different ways.
- Create accessible class presentations (e.g., Word, PDF, PowerPoint presentations) and projects.
- Create accessible club and organization documents, publications and web sites.
- Incorporate Universal Design for Learning and Section 508 guidelines in all as- pects of a club or organization event (e.g., planning, marketing, logistics, technical elements, content, etc.).
- Host a club or organization meeting on the topic of accessible document creation (Word, PDF, PowerPoint presentations).
- Create, ensure and foster inclusiveness in a club or organization. Discourage stereotypical behavior.
- Create, ensure and foster inclusiveness on campus. Discourage stereotypical behavior.
- Protect and respect the privacy of individuals with disabilities.
Disability Resource Services
Students: contact your instructor about all course content issues, especially tests.